Take a Flight to Denver and We Tell You ‘Why’
If you are a ski aficionado, pack your snow boots and ski poles and get ready to ski down the slopes of snow-filled mountains in Denver. Denver, also called the “Mile High City,” is where you get to see hordes of people descend down the mountains enjoying their skiing experience and you know that they have flown down to Denver purely for the ski season. Before you come skiing down the mountain slopes, rest awhile on the mountain top and enjoy the view of the breathtaking Colorado landscape. So grab cheap flights tickets to Denver and enjoy the skiing season.
Denver gets its name from the 13th step leading up to the State Capitol and this is exactly 5,280 feet above the sea level. You are welcomed to this High Mile City by the altitude you get when on your flight to Denver. Book cheap United Airline Tickets to Denver (DEN) and arrive here to the largest city of Colorado. Denver, situated in the Rocky Mountain region, is the business, political, financial and transportation center of Colorado. But still, Denver continues to attract tourists in flocks for its uncountable ski and mountain resorts. Denver boasts of hosting over 11 million tourists who book plane tickets to Denver and fuel the growth in the tourism industry with full accommodations, ski weekends and business conventions.
Denver and Its Erratic Climate
Denver attracts over 300 days of sunshine, all thanks to its location in the Rocky Mountain range and has a mild climate. But the weather conditions change abruptly during any season and any time of any day. So be ready to accommodate the ever fluctuating weather when in Denver. The temperature varies from twenties to the forties (Fahrenheit) in January and it hovers from fifties to eighties (Fahrenheit) in July.
Best Time to Fly to Denver
Summer means warm temperatures and it is the best chance for stable weather conditions. The beautiful and bountiful wildflowers bloom in July and August. November to April is the peak ski season in Denver. Spring and fall has chances of snowfall, but that doesn’t last long and melts away quickly. If you want to see the foliage change color book your last minute flights to Denver in September and see the locals enjoying their favorite season.
Tips on Getting Around in Denver
Walking is the best and resourceful option, but public transportation is fairly good in Denver. A free bus service runs through the length of the 16th Street Mall and has a stop for every two blocks. The Regional Transportation District (RTD) offers bus and rail services to ply around Denver, its suburbs and outlying communities. If you are in for a sightseeing mood, hop on to the open-air Platte Valley Trolley, which offers half-hour tours on the Denver Sightseeing Route in summer.
What to See In and Around Denver
- The Colorado State Capitol is rich in wall murals which depict the history of water in the state on the first-floor rotunda. You are exactly one mile (5,280 feet) above sea level when you stand on the 18th step of the State Capitol.
- If you are a nature lover visit the Denver Botanic garden. You will roam through 23 acres of diverse flora and fauna with the local, Himalayan, African and the Australian varieties found in abundance.
- If beer is your weakness then go to Coors Brewing Company in Golden which is 30 minutes from Denver. It offers free tours and sampling stops in-between.
- Museo de las Americas and Colorado History Museum are the two museums of interest depicting the history and culture of Latinos in the Americas and the ancient Colorado people respectively.
- Take home some of the fossils as souvenirs because they are cheap and abundant in Denver.
Book Cheap Flights Tickets to Denver Right Away
Whether it is the Flights from Denver (DEN) to Chicago or the cheap Airlines Tickets to Denver (DEN), know that you are in for a bumper offer regarding pocket-happy airfares. Make the most of this opportunity and fly to Denver this ski season.